Monday, February 27, 2006

The Light of the World

I've been studying the Old Testament Tabernacle lately through Beth Moore's study, A Woman's Heart: God's Dwelling Place. It is incredible, and I highly recommend it. Something I studied today really struck a cord about how we are supposed to be the "light of the world" (Matt. 5:14-16).

"...we are the light that must be kept continually burning [like the lampstand in the Tabernacle] to allow others to see His presence in this age. He is no less present even when we hide our lamp under a bowl or a bushel. However, when we do this, we make it harder for those walking in darkness to see. God has ordained that others may see the reality of His presence by the illumination our lives shed forth! We are the heavenly lampstand of this dispensation to show Jesus to a dark world."

"What were God's first recorded words? Let there be light (Gen. 1:3)."

May I be a light in this dark world. May everything that I do and say bring light. Whether I am worshiping with my church family, raising my precious son, hanging out with my friends getting pedicures, loving my sweet husband, or standing in line at Wal-Mart, may my life shed light in a dark world.

"Let there be light."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home