Thursday, February 08, 2007

Mischief

I really hate car alarms. They annoy me because they usually go off on accident and no one is around to turn them off. Yesterday, I was sitting at the computer and a car alarm was going off outside. This has happened several times in the last few days, so I went to look outside and see whose car it was that was annoying me. I couldn't find one. I did, however, go into the kitchen to see the Caleb had pushed the "panic" button on my keyring. *sigh* It was my annoying car.

Caleb has taken a fancy to the word, "NO!" He uses it a lot. Sometimes it's helpful, like when I ask, "Do you want some more milk?" It's not helpful when I tell him to pick something up and he tells me, "No!" He hasn't mastered "yes" yet, so sometimes no means yes. As if toddler babble wasn't confusing enough. We're trying to get him to understand yes vs. no.

My best friend, Lisa, asked me how I was going to relay this next story tactfully. I'm not. Two days ago, I started Caleb's bath water and took him to his room to take off his clothes and diaper. His room is right next to the bathroom, so I told him to go to the bathroom (the door was closed since the water was going...hey, I'm safe!). I reached in the hall closet on the way to get a washcloth and turned around, 5 seconds later, to realize that Caleb had pooped on the floor and then stepped in it. Seriously? I had to wash him off, then drain the bath water and start over. You just never know what's in store for you as a parent!

And now for the pictures that will make my mother say, "He's too cute to have done those things!" Caleb and his Daddy reading the sports section. Caleb is obsessed with basketballs, footballs, soccer balls, and, well, any kind of ball, so the sports page is definitely his thing!

3 Comments:

Blogger victoria said...

those are some sweet pictures of daddy and caleb!

February 08, 2007 7:09 AM  
Blogger John and Christy said...

Omigosh! That's awesome! Or rather, an awesome story - I'm sure living it wasn't much fun. It's funny, I've heard several similar stories lately from mommybloggers. The worst was the one who realized that her little ones' tea party water had to have come from the toilet since they were too small to have reached the sink. (shudder)

February 08, 2007 11:49 AM  
Blogger LisaN said...

I guess there's really no way to convey that poop story tactfully, anyway! :-)

That's an adorable picture of Caleb reading the sports page!

I love you, and I'm so glad we got to talk last night.

Always, Lisa

February 09, 2007 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home