He's Going to Give Me a Heart Attack
Last night Caleb climbed (fell) out of his crib. He was one day shy of 17 months old. Isn't it a little early for that???
My mother-in-law suggested we turn the bed around so the short part faces the wall. Great idea! It kept him in there all night.
Except this morning he has destroyed the wallpaper border behind his bed. There are pieces everywhere.
Doesn't this child know his mother is pregnant and doesn't have the energy to worry about him busting his head open climbing out of his bed and/or destroying his room???
After being awake a lot last night, he took a whole one hour nap today. Oh the things I can get done in one hour (tongue firmly in cheek). Seriously, this kid may be the end of me.
It gets better, right?
My mother-in-law suggested we turn the bed around so the short part faces the wall. Great idea! It kept him in there all night.
Except this morning he has destroyed the wallpaper border behind his bed. There are pieces everywhere.
Doesn't this child know his mother is pregnant and doesn't have the energy to worry about him busting his head open climbing out of his bed and/or destroying his room???
After being awake a lot last night, he took a whole one hour nap today. Oh the things I can get done in one hour (tongue firmly in cheek). Seriously, this kid may be the end of me.
It gets better, right?
Labels: Toddlerhood




5 Comments:
Oh man, he is all boy all right! I can only imagine how exhausted and frustrated you must feel. I can't say this from experience, but I can only guess that it would have to get better... right?
I love you!!
Lisa
It totally gets better--they are smart little creatures and test everything, it is all a part of it. I remember thinking, "oh she has hit the terrible two's early" but it is all a phase and they try something different all the time to test the boundaries. PATIENCE is huge and I have never been Miss Patience so it is something I work on daily...plus then they bat their sweet lil' eyes and say I love you and it makes you melt. And to mr. caleb let your momma have some rest ;)
It WILL get better! As Vicki said, the Lord gave us children to teach us patience!! He will be onto the next phase before too long, and then you will have a new baby, and then that new "baby" will become his best friend! It is such a joy to watch them bond! Hang in there and try to savor the better moments of this phase! :o)
Yes, it really does get better--hang on just a bit more!
Jenn, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I pray that the Lord will bless you and give you the strength to get through this time with minimal craziness from your energetic little boy! :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home