around the globe...
In about a month, hubby will be going on a business trip to the other side of the world. He'll be gone for two weeks. Caleb and I will be going to stay with my mom. I don't think staying home all day and night by ourselves for two weeks sounds like a load of fun at this age! Plus, Caleb's mommy is a BIG chicken when it comes to staying at home alone at night! Funny since that's what I did for a year while dh worked away from home. I don't like him being gone, but it seems in the oil industry, that's what you have to do. His company is considering moving us (all 3 this time) around the world at an unknown time for an unknown period of time. Would they just tell us already so I can prepare??? Moving a 1, 2 or 3-year-old around the world takes PLANNING!!! Don't they know that taking a small child on a plane for over 24 hours and moving around the world are HUGE maneuvers!!! I know it seems like I'm freaking out a little, and, I guess I am, a little. I know God will take care of us. I have no doubt about that. It's just my control issue coming out...I'm the mother hen, and I need to know what to do with my "chicks." I guess if we had any say in the matter and it was a decision we were making, I would feel differently. But, I'm waiting on some man in an office to decide when and where and for how long I have to move my family around the world. So, please pray for the people making those decisions for our family. The move won't be for a while, but the praying can begin now. And pray for us, that wherever God sends us, we will be used by Him. And pray, especially, for our families. I know these are things over which I have no control and I should not be worrying about them, but I feel better just getting it out. Thanks for letting me vent!




3 Comments:
Wow that is hard stuff and you are so not freaking out--it is all nerve racking. What will be will be and I know it will all work out how it is supposed to.
I will be praying for you...
Wow, I can sure relate to this. Just remember (and keep reminding yourself every five minutes or so like I have to sometimes) that God is faithful! He is in control. He will not take you somewhere and then not provide what you need. And know that I am here in Alaska anytime you need someone to empathize with you!! :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home