Update: Surviving Motherhood
Ok, I wanted to give an update on the TLC show Surviving Motherhood. I am not impressed. I haven't been able to make myself watch a whole episode yet. Today a mom was trying to get some advice from the other moms on balancing working full time outside the home and family life. She was, obviously, exhausted by the time she got home from work. On the show they have "Expert Moments," where an expert gives their opinion on the matter (not actually to the moms, but just for the sake of us viewers...go figure. I guess the moms have to watch the show to get the advice). The "expert" said this mom shouldn't buy into the "supermom" persona, but that she should do things for herself like 1) take a bubble bath to relax, 2) take a nap, and/or 3) exercise. Ok, these are all great things, but if she's exhausted when she gets home and wants to spend time with her children (naturally!), how in the world is she going to find time to do these things??? And, futhermore, is she going to stop the kids at the door and tell them that mommy needs to take nap? I don't think so. Personally I don't want to watch a show about a group of moms who've never met going to a coffee shop and talking about their problems. I can do that with people I actually know!
Ok, off my soap box.
Ok, off my soap box.




2 Comments:
Ummm ... she could stop working, stay at home, get there home foreclosed on, experience starvation, live out of a car ... oh, heck... she can learn to prioritize and balance like the rest of us full-time working moms do!
See? She didn't even have to watch the show to get that tid bit of advice. And it was free, too!
Thanks for keeping us in the loop about what's on tv these days. I agree with you -- how silly! :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home