Wednesday, May 10, 2006

What's Going On Around Here...

Well, our family has been reunited and we have been super busy since then. Now that Caleb is "crawling" (looks like the G.I Joe men in Toy Story when they are crawling across the floor), I can hardly keep up with him. I turn my head for an instant and he's halfway across the living room floor. He is really enjoying discovering the house from this perspective. He's also very proud of himself when he gets someplace! It is nice that he can go get a toy that is out of his reach, but the way our house is set up makes him very hard to contain--too many doorways, not enough walls! I put him in a laundry basket earlier with a few of his toys and it occupied him for a few minutes while I worked on the Easter page for his scrapbook...until he decided he wanted the toys on the outside and pulled himself up on the side of the laundry basket and almost dumped himself out. WHERE DID MY BABY GO?????

Hubby's family gets in tomorrow! We are SO excited!! They haven't seen Caleb since Christmas, so there's A LOT of catching up to do. This weekend we are going to celebrate hubby's brother #2 graduating from college. Question, are we insane to take an almost-8-month-old to a college graduation lasting 3 hours in the middle of naptime? That's what I thought. *sigh* At least there will be LOTS of hands to take turns holding him and walking around with him! Do you think they would frown upon us bringing a pack-n-play and setting it up in the concourse area outside? Hey, they can either deal with that or a screaming child. Maybe some of those usher people could babysit? Just a thought.

In other baby developments, Caleb is "talking" up a storm with lots of new sounds. He really jibbers to himself all the time. He's close to saying "mama" and "dada," but can't quite put the thing together yet. It won't be long.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Smith said...

He's so cute. I love the name Caleb. I actually wanted to name my son Caleb when I have one someday, but then my cousin named his little boy Caleb, and well, let's just say there probably won't be anymore Caleb's in my family for a while. That kid is something else!! Anyway, hope you have a great visit with the family!

May 10, 2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

So you have a whole new set of concerns now since Caleb's picked up the G.I. Joe move, huh? How is the "baby-proofing" going?

May 10, 2006 8:51 PM  
Blogger GiBee said...

Oh, I shudder to think of all the "obsticles" in our home that Hunter has ahead of him when he starts crawling!

May 15, 2006 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home