Standing
I turned away for a second this morning to put a bowl in the sink and Caleb was standing next to the couch. He had pulled up all by himself. I'm going kicking and screaming into this next stage of development. Can you hear me yelling, "I'M NOT READY!!!" Caleb obviously can't because all he wants to do is get near anything that looks remotely sturdy (or not) and use it to pull himself up to standing. I know that I was walking at 9 months, but I was sort of counting on the fact that boys are usually a little slower developmentally and I wouldn't have to deal with this until months later. Shouldn't I know by now not to have expectations? Oh well. Here we go...
(And as I write this, he's sitting in his bed, his back resting against the front of the crib, talking to himself. Makes me laugh.) :-)
(And as I write this, he's sitting in his bed, his back resting against the front of the crib, talking to himself. Makes me laugh.) :-)




3 Comments:
What a CUTIE! :-) How many of those "talking" words could you understand?
I'm just glad he has to walk before he can run! God is good to let things happen in stages, even if they do happen too fast!
My brother walked at 7 months. My sister and I were holding onto stuff walking by then, but we didn't let go until a year. My brother however would not be held back. He's been into everything for the last 20 years since then!! Have a good one girl!
let it all begin girl--hold on tight, it is a wild ride!
Post a Comment
<< Home