Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Too many milestones for one weekend...

Caleb is testing my ability to keep up with him! Just this past weekend, he has learned to work himself from his stomach to sitting on his knees (he pulls his knees under him and then works his arms back until he's sitting upright on his knees). Then, yesterday, he started pulling up on the furniture. IT'S TOO SOON!!! I'M NOT READY FOR THIS!!!

Ah, but once again, I am reminded that it is not under my control.

Thank you, Lord, that my son is growing and developing before my very eyes. We praise you that he is healthy and happy and makes his mama and dada smile and laugh A LOT! Give us the strength and wisdom needed to effectively parent him the way You see fit. Our baby boy is no longer a baby. Let us hold him tight and savor each moment; they are fleeting.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

WOW! GREAT accomplishments! :)

May 30, 2006 9:35 AM  
Blogger Mrs. D said...

A son...what a wonderful blessing! He, too, is blessed to have a mother that loves Him and him. :D

May God bless you and your family.

His,
Jennifer

May 30, 2006 10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Malachi is right there with Caleb!!! We have been crawling for only two weeks and already pulling up. It is really funny to watch him "bear crawl" because he thinks he is as big as everyone else! Don't sit back, keep up!!! It will be more fun... exhausted from laughing!!!

May 30, 2006 12:24 PM  
Blogger GiBee said...

Already??? You're right ... it feels too soon ... but yay Caleb! Go little man!

I had a bad dream last night, and it was so real, that even now I feel like it was real. I dreamed that I went in to check on Hunter in the middle of the night, and he was standing in the middle of his bed jumping up and down.

I guess we should move the mattress down, huh? Just in case!

May 30, 2006 12:27 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Laura, oh no! I am definitely NOT ready for that one! I love that you call naptime "screamfest." I could call our naptimes that often!

May 30, 2006 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home