Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Spills of All Kinds

Caleb went for his weight check today. He's gained 10 oz. since last month, but now he's in the 5th percentile. Whatever. The child never stops moving, so I'm not surprised he's skinny! They said as long as he's gaining weight, he's fine.

He took three steps yesterday (again, someone else encouraging him to walk--my mom!), and today smacked his face into the coffee table and bled for a while. Caleb's upper lip is attached to the bottom of his upper gum (as mine was when I was little). The doctor said they wouldn't snip it unless it interfered with his teeth coming in. My doctor when I was little told my mom that I'd probably fall and break it loose once I started walking and that's exactly what happened. Caleb hasn't let me look in his mouth long enough to tell if his has broken loose, but there was quite a bit of blood coming out.


And here's Caleb taking a spill of a different kind...spilling the water out of the bottom of my plant. You can see he's very proud of himself!


This picture was taken the day Caleb started getting sick a couple of weeks ago. Looking back I should have known he was sick, but at the time I just thought he was exhausted from lack of sleep while we were out of town. Doesn't he look pitiful? :-(


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I've actually been following your blog for a while now. Who knows how I came across it? I don't even remember.... but I DO remember that I was attracted because your screen name is "aggiejenn".... so anyway - you looked SO familiar to me, but I couldn't place your face. THEN I saw your family picture and totally recognized your husband. It was so crazy... I didn't even know y'all had gotten married. You can tell him I said hello. I knew him fairly well in my last couple years of college. I'm sorry I didn't comment before now... I've been meaning to, but just hadn't gotten around to it. It's been really fun checking your blog periodically.... and let me just say, Caleb is ADORABLE. Actually, I remember now... somehow I got directed to your blog when your husband was away for a while? The first post I ever saw was a picture of Caleb holding a sign or something that said "I miss you Daddy" or "I love you Daddy".... or something. Do you know what I'm talking about? Anyway, thanks for commenting at my site. It's fun to be in touch with y'all.

And yes, Stacy was my roommate for 5 years in college, so I definitely keep up with their website on a regular basis!!

July 19, 2006 5:21 PM  
Blogger T.S. Eliot said...

So sorry for the busted lip... what beautiful, pitiful blue eyes Caleb has! Enjoy your advertures in walking.

July 20, 2006 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can personally attest to the fact that this adorable young man NEVER STOPS MOVING!! From firsthand in-person experience today, I can say that I would be totally exhausted trying to keep up with him! But he is just SOOO CUTE!! :-)

July 20, 2006 1:43 PM  
Blogger GiBee said...

Caleb has been tagged for his very first Meme!!! C'mon over and check it out!

July 21, 2006 7:42 AM  
Blogger GiBee said...

See that outfit Caleb has on where he spilled the water? Hunter has one just like it!!!

July 25, 2006 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home