9 month check-up
Caleb has his 9- month check-up today. The doctor said "he's perfect." (We already knew that!) :-) In his first 9 months of life, we have not had one sick visit to the doctor. Praise God! Every time we go, the doctor asks me if I take Caleb around other babies. I do a lot more now that he's a little older, but we were hermits when he was young, only going out to church and occasionally to the store. He said Caleb must have a really good immune system because some babies get sick if another sick child walks by. Our little guy must have his daddy's immune system! That's what we prayed for. :-)
He wants us to come back in one month just for a weight check because Caleb is only in the 10% on weight (17.6 lbs.), but 50% on height (28.25 in). He's not really concerned since Caleb is in the middle of cutting his first tooth and not eating well because of it, and is VERY active (which can cause them to lose weight). He just wants to make sure it's all of those things since his next visit won't be for another 3 months.
I'm waiting for my sweet, happy baby to return after this teething business. I'm afraid he's cutting more than one and we just don't see evidence of them yet. (His daddy cut his first 4 teeth in one week!) Caleb is NOT sleeping well at night, waking up 3-4 times, and we are all feeling the effects. The motherhood stuff is HARD. (but worth it!)
He wants us to come back in one month just for a weight check because Caleb is only in the 10% on weight (17.6 lbs.), but 50% on height (28.25 in). He's not really concerned since Caleb is in the middle of cutting his first tooth and not eating well because of it, and is VERY active (which can cause them to lose weight). He just wants to make sure it's all of those things since his next visit won't be for another 3 months.
I'm waiting for my sweet, happy baby to return after this teething business. I'm afraid he's cutting more than one and we just don't see evidence of them yet. (His daddy cut his first 4 teeth in one week!) Caleb is NOT sleeping well at night, waking up 3-4 times, and we are all feeling the effects. The motherhood stuff is HARD. (but worth it!)




9 Comments:
Don't worry about the weight thing!!! Emily was just the same in the 13% for weight and the 95% for height. It is noce that she got to start out small because in the end we all just get BIGGER!!!!
Being a mom is hard--and it is soooo worth it! (Do hope ya'll get some rest soon, though!)
Cheryl Schmit's having the same issue - Karson keeps converting his food into height. :) Caleb sounds so sweet - if you want someone to hold him for a few hours, just drop him off in College Station. ;)
My sister is going through this with my niece. She is cutting her bottom 2 year old molars and her last canine tooth (she cut her canines really late) Anyway, she's been waking up every night with bad dreams and heading to my sister's room! She says that the windows and doors in her room are after her! Poor kid! Teething must be tough!
Oh I'm so there with ya... Elijah is still waking once or twice a night. I don't think I've gotten a good nights sleep in over a year. And he's little just like Caleb-- 10% weight and 20%height. I'm so glad the doctor gave him a perfect checkup!
I hear ya on the whole "sweet baby gone bye-bye while teething" thing!
We're going through that too!
And you didn't need a 9-month appointment to know Caleb is perfect! It's something we ALL knew already!
Oh...so much to look forward to. :)
There's a LOT to look forward to, Kimberly! It's not always easy (in fact the first few months are HARD), but one smile or laugh or kiss from Caleb makes all the pain/sleeplessness/frustration worth it!
I had to tell you I found another blog and it was called "maced with grace."
It sounds like he is doing great! It always makes it hard when they aren't sleeping very well. For me, if I am not getting enough sleep everything can seem magnified, but it does get better. And, you are so right that it is so worth it. Great perspective.
Post a Comment
<< Home