Sleep Habits
Almost every night last week Caleb slept (mostly) through the night and didn't wake up until around 8am. Saturday morning, when I was at a conference and hubby was on Daddy Duty, Caleb had to be awakened at 9am because, really, no one needs to sleep that long! This is from a child who, for the last year or so, has slept no later than 7:30 ever and usually wakes up between 6:45 and 7:00. I was able to get so much done before he got up; it was wonderful! Looks like we're in for a good change in this second year.
But, alas, it was not to be. Yesterday morning he woke up at 6:20 for the day. Grrr. Today, though, he slept until 7:45, which is wonderful in my book. He's doing better about not waking up at night, but he's a very light sleeper. Most of the time lately he just cries a little bit and goes back to sleep on his own, but there are times where he needs to be consoled.
I'm ready to sleep all the way through the night on a regular basis! :-)
But, alas, it was not to be. Yesterday morning he woke up at 6:20 for the day. Grrr. Today, though, he slept until 7:45, which is wonderful in my book. He's doing better about not waking up at night, but he's a very light sleeper. Most of the time lately he just cries a little bit and goes back to sleep on his own, but there are times where he needs to be consoled.
I'm ready to sleep all the way through the night on a regular basis! :-)




7 Comments:
Not only do I feel your pain ... but I FEE-HHEEEL your pain!
Hunter is hit or miss ... he'll sleep through the night for two nights, then wake up in the middle of the night screaming for a bottle for three nights, etc. I can't tell if he's "really" hungry, or just plain ol' mad. He'll scream and scream until the bottle is put into his mouth, then he'll stop and eat, but only 1/2 of the bottle! Grrr!!
I'm tired!
Hey -- I've tagged you for a Meme. It's an easy one!C'mon over and check it out...
I was excited when I first started reading. I thought we would get to sleep in on Friday and Saturday. Oh well, I am still excited to see y'all tomorrow!
I hope ya'll get to sleep in soon. One day, when he's a teenager & won't get out of bed for school, you may look back on these days fondly. ;)~
It does get better as they get older. Braxton does well most of the time but there are those days. Good Luck - just have to take one day at a time.
I bet you are ready!
I know what you mean. My girls are both early risers. Even when I get a rare chance to sleep in it is hard to.
My kids are 5 and 2 and we still get up during the night with them sometimes. I'm not sure when they really grow out of it : )
Stay strong though! I've heard background noise machines help??
Post a Comment
<< Home