Tuesday, August 22, 2006

First Sick Visit

I had to take Caleb to the doctor today because he started feeling a lot worse. His fever went from 101.6 to 102.7 and when we reached the doctor's office it was 104.2. The doctor checked him out and couldn't find anything wrong. His ears are fine, his throat is fine, his lungs are fine. All the usual places that bacteria hides look fine.

Needless to say, he's not feeling so good. I've said here before that he never stops moving and he hasn't wanted to be held and rocked since he was about 2 months old, so when he let me hold him for about 20 minutes this morning and then the entire time at the doctor's office laid with his head on my shoulder, I knew something was wrong.

What, though, I just don't know.

Please, Lord, heal Caleb's little body. Help him to get the rest he needs to fight this bug. Comfort him when he doesn't know why he's hurting. Thank You for protecting him thusfar from any real sicknesses.

9 Comments:

Blogger LisaN said...

I know that must be so scary!

Lord, please protect little Caleb and heal his body from whatever is trying to harm him. Please lower his temperature quickly, increase his immunities, and give him rest and peace. Please be with his parents and help them not to worry but just to keep trusting You. Thank You, Lord, that You hear our prayers and love to bring glory to Your Name by loving us! Please be glorified, Father, in Caleb's healing. Amen.

August 22, 2006 6:34 PM  
Blogger Beck Boys said...

Braxton did that when he was getting his molars. He had high fever and such for 3 days. They ran tests and looked at everything only to find out he was teething. We will say a prayer. Please keep us posted on how things come out.

August 22, 2006 8:32 PM  
Blogger Heather Smith said...

I'm praying for little Caleb! I started getting sinus infections when I was a little baby. My temperature would shoot up like that and scare my mom to death. I pray that Caleb will be well soon and that the doctor will figure out what this is!
By the way, when you are back to the normal schedule I've tagged you for a weird meme at my funny blog!

August 23, 2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger John and Christy said...

Poor baby! I hope its like Lyneil said and not something more serious. I know its stressful for you though. Praying for him and for you & Justin. I'll be back to posting stuff on my blog as soon as blogger decides I'm not spam. ;)

August 23, 2006 11:49 AM  
Blogger GiBee said...

Heeeeyyyy! Where did my comment go that I left yesterday! It said that Hunter ran a fever for over a week (anywhere from 99.8 to 103.8) before the doctor discovered an ear infection (second visit in one week). She said that some wax was blocking his ear drum and she dug it out with a crochet-looking hooky thing and discovered the infection hiding behind!

Also -- a baby can run a high fever when cutting teeth, and Hunter did just that when he was cutting his top two teeth ... pain, pain, pain and discomfort.

Praying for the two of you!

August 24, 2006 10:15 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I do hope he's doing better! I know fevers come & go sometimes without us ever knowing why... but the good thing is that a fever is a sign that his body is fighting the infection off!

August 25, 2006 8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking for an update.... I pray that Caleb is feeling better. It must be scary to endure your son's first high fever. More chances to love on him!

August 25, 2006 9:33 PM  
Blogger victoria said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 28, 2006 7:26 AM  
Blogger victoria said...

it is just the worst thing! hope he feels better now.

August 28, 2006 7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home