Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Cold

Caleb's got a cold. Runny nose, sneezing, coughing...the works. Yuck. The virus apparently spread to his eye as well and now he's got a mild pink-eye thing going on. Great. And, I think he gave it to me. My eyes have been burning and itching and watering all day.

Gotta love sharing the germs!

On a happier note, he slept all night last night. Didn't wake up until 7:15am. YAY!!! (we're almost totally weaned from breastfeeding now, too...down to once a day. I'm not quite ready to give up the last feed, though. More than one season is changing around here.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kelsey does too plus a fever--yucky! It breaks my heart when they get sick!

October 11, 2006 9:02 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh no! This is the first time he has really been sick like that, huh? Well, give him a hug and a kiss for me and I hope you both get to feeling better soon!

October 12, 2006 7:56 AM  
Blogger T.S. Eliot said...

I hope he's feeling better soon!

Elijah's down to 1 nursing a day too... that last one before bed, and neither of us want to give it up either. Such sweet times with a babies turned toddlers....

October 13, 2006 5:58 AM  
Blogger GiBee said...

I hope you're all feeling better now!!!

Hunter kept waking up for a bottle around 1 or 2 a.m. upon the doctor's suggestion, we recently started only going in there to give him a sip of water from a sippy cup I leave in his crib, to pat him, love and assure him, and put him back down. Then I walk out and let him cry. It's a lot easier than I thought it would be because I'm so tired at that point.

Within 5 minutes, he would stop crying and was back to sleep. Within three days, he began sleeping through the night again.

I think they get in a routine, and keep doing it, and we need to teach them how to put themselves back to sleep.

It's hard being a first time mom, isn't it?

October 16, 2006 12:46 PM  
Blogger Heather Smith said...

I hope Caleb feels better soon!

October 17, 2006 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home