Friday, June 08, 2007

Look, An Update!

Caleb and I had our second mommy and me swim class today. Last week, he screamed his head off the ENTIRE time, but today it was only about 75% of the time. It's an improvement! I also found out why they instituted a double diaper policy (one disposable swim diaper under a reusable swim diaper) so the water is not contaminated by little baby poop.

Caleb's vocabulary is booming lately. He talks NON-STOP. Apparently he takes after his mother because my sister would be asleep before we even left the driveway and I would stay awake no matter how far away our destination and talk they WHOLE time. *sigh* We had to go to BabiesRUS earlier, and our drive there (about 20 minutes) went something like this:

Caleb: Mommy.Mommy.Mommy.Mommy.Mommy.Mommy.Mommy!
Me: What, Caleb?
Caleb: Balloon!
Me: You see a balloon?
Caleb: Right there.
Me: Okay

Caleb: Mommy.Mommy.Mommy.Mommy.Mommy.
Me: Yes, Caleb?
Caleb: choo choo train
Me: You see a choo choo train?
Caleb: Right there.
Me: Okay.
Caleb: Hold the choo choo train?
Me: No, you can't hold the choo choo train.

Caleb: Mommy.Mommy.Mommy.Mommy.
Me: (growing tired of hearing the word Mommy) what, Caleb?
Caleb: chuck! (translation: truck)
Me: You see the truck right there.
Caleb: Okay.
Caleb: Heavy truck.
Me: Yes, the truck is very heavy.
Caleb: Hold the truck?
Me: No, you can't hold the truck.

Caleb: Mommy.
Me: Yes, Caleb?
Caleb: Daddy home soon?
Me: (thinking, "Oh, I wish!") No, honey, Daddy's at work.
Caleb: Daddy at work. Mommy at work.
Me: Yes, Mommy's at work, too.
Caleb: Caleb at work.
Me: Okay. Caleb's at work, too.

And on and on and on. :-)

Yesterday, my sister called and told me she was on her way to get a pedicure and manicure before their vacation next week because Kurt was home watching Ava. It was 4:00 in the afternoon! I resisted telling her how envious I was because I wasn't expecting my husband home until 8:30 last night because of a teleconference with Singapore. These are the days I wish Justin was in sales because he is NEVER home at 4 in the afternoon unless he's sick. Oh, wait. He doesn't get sick. :-) Sis, you don't know how good you've got it!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a smart boy you have. Figured if the train was too heavy to hold then truck was too! Enjo the chatter! Also tell Justin he just needs to be a different person at Mustang. Ben was home no later than 4:45 when he worked there! Structural eng. aren't as important!!!! I love reading your blog! you are so funny!!!!

kerri
www.carepages.com
visit: BuddhaBelly

June 10, 2007 9:37 PM  
Blogger GiBee said...

He and hunter are so much alike! Hunter likes to sit on our tac-tuh (tractor). He also loves booons (balloons)... Caleb is doing great putting words together!!!

June 22, 2007 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home